Monday, January 3, 2011

January Is Here - And I'm Afraid

Okay, folks. January is here. We take the reins in the House and enough Senate seats to at least put a stop to the garbage that's been flowing out of Washington during the lame duck session. Sounds good, right?

I hope so.

And I'm afraid. I'm afraid that our newly elected conservatives won't follow through. I'm afraid they'll arrive in D.C. and be schooled in how Washington really works. I'm afraid they'll accept the assertion that they have to do things the way things have always been done to get anything done. I'm afraid that the universal rule that if you do the same things, you'll keep getting the same results will apply in its full force. I'm afraid that I'll become disillusioned with our governmental process (or at least the current perversion of our governmental process). I'm afraid that will force me to go third party next time around. I'm afraid that I'll turn into one of those cranky malcontents who believes it's finally time to take up arms against our own government. Or worse, I'm afraid I'll get so sick of all the mess that I'll join the ranks of those who have sworn off politics altogether. I am afraid that I'll actually enjoy my apathy.

So that's it folks. I'm afraid. The GOP holds my future in its hands. I'm waiting with bated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment